Clearance to Withdraw
If a student leaves the HSC through (1) withdrawal, (2) dismissal, or (3) leave of absence, the following procedure should be followed:
- The student must go to the Registrar's Office in Student Services (Room 317L MED) to begin the process. The Registrar's Office will issue the student an official university Student Clearance Form.
- You MUST take the form to your associate dean and/or department chair (if applicable) to get approval (Section B) BEFORE getting the additional signatures in the “Holds” section (Section C).
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain clearance in appropriate areas listed on the form such as the Library, laboratories, University Police, Student Financial Aid, Bursar’s Office, etc.
- If a student is receiving financial aid or has student financial aid debt, he/she must schedule an Exit Interview with the Student Financial Aid Office.
- See Financial Aid Process for specific information concerning
effects of withdrawal on financial aid received.
It is not always possible to complete the clearance process in one day. Until a student is cleared in all areas, a “Hold” will be in force on her/his official transcript.